Posts Tagged ‘cbs’
Since we’ve been having finales for some of our favorite reality shows, I’m going to list this season’s winners of several favorite shows:
- Amazing Race: Tammy & Victor
- Biggest Loser: Helen
- Survivor Tocantins: JT
- Dancing with the Stars: Shawn Johnson
- American Idol: Kris Allen
Stay tuned as I’ll update this post when more winners are announced.
Summer is drawing near, and that means Summer TV Shows are coming too! I always like summer tv shows because they’re not heavy on drama, most of them even reality shows (I know i’m a reality-junkie). Anyways, from the information that I can gather so far, here’s the list of Summer TV Shows:
- Kings, new episode returns in June date TBA
- Merlin, series Premiere Sunday, June 21st 8/7c
- I’m Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, series Premiere, Monday, June 1st 8/7c
- America’s Got Talent, series Premier, Tuesday, June 23 8/7c
- The Philanthropist, series Premiere Wednesday, June 24th 10/9c
- The Great American Road Trip, series Premiere Tuesday, July 7th 8/7c
- Wipeout, Premieres Wednesday, May 27 8/7c
- I Survived Japanese Game Show, Premieres Wednesday, July 8 9/8c
- The Superstar, Premieres Tuesday, June 23 8/7c
- Dating in the Dark, Premieres Monday, July 20 10/9c
- The Superstars Premieres Tuesday, June 23 8/7c
- So You Think You Can Dance premiers Thursday, May 21 8/7c
- Big Brother premiers Thursday, July 9 8/7c
So far great line up, for NBC and ABC. Can’t wait for summer. I can’t find any info about new summer shows on CW, I guess they’ll just do reruns.
Summer is coming, and so does Summer TV shows. But I’m not talking about Summer TV Shows, that’s another post. This means that a lot of TV Shows are having their finales this week. Here’s a list of finales compiled by Yahoo! TV:
- Medium – season 5 finale airs Monday, 5/4 at 9pm ET on NBC
- Scrubs – season 8 finale airs Wednesday, 5/6 at 8pm ET on ABC
- House – season 5 finale airs Monday, 5/11 at 8pm ET on FOX
- Fringe – season 1 finale airs Tuesday, 5/12 at 9pm ET on FOX
- Lost – season 5 finale airs Wednesday, 5/13 at 9pm ET on ABC
- Bones – season 4 finale airs Thursday, 5/14 at 8pm ET on FOX
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation – season 9 finale airs Thursday, 5/14 at 9pm ET on CBS
- CSI: New York – season 5 finale airs Thursday, 5/14 at 10pm ET on CBS
- Grey’s Anatomy – season 5 finale airs Thursday, 5/14 at 9pm ET on ABC
- The Office – season 5 finale airs Thursday, 5/14 at 9pm ET on NBC
- Prison Break – season 4 finale airs Friday, 5/15 at 8pm ET on FOX
- Saturday Night Live – season 34 finale airs Saturday, 5/16 at 11:30pm ET on NBC
- Desperate Housewives – season 5 finale airs Sunday, 5/17 at 9pm ET on ABC
- Gossip Girl – season 2 finale airs Monday, 5/18 at 8pm ET on The CW
- 24 – season 7 finale airs Monday, 5/18 at 8pm ET on FOX
- NCIS – season 6 finale airs Tuesday, 5/19 at 8pm ET on CBS
I love finales, because they’re usually the most shocking episodes. If you would like a little spoiler for your show’s finale, read it up on Yahoo! TV.
Not only the scripted shows are having their finales, but our favorite reality shows are also having their finales. Here’s the schedule:
- The Amazing Race – season 14 finale airs Sunday, 5/10 at 8pm ET on CBS
- Celebrity Apprentice – Live season 8 finale airs Sunday, 5/10 at 8pm ET on NBC
- The Biggest Loser – season 7 finale airs Tuesday, 5/12 at 8pm ET on NBC
- Hell’s Kitchen – season 5 finale airs Thursday, 5/14 at 9pm ET on FOX
- Dancing With the Stars – season 8 finale airs Tuesday, 5/19 at 9pm ET on ABC
- American Idol – season 5 finale airs Wednesday, 5/20 at 8pm ET on FOX
Of course there are more shows having finales other than this list, but I don’ t have information on them. So if you have any info that you’d like me to add to this list, let me know 🙂
This week’s episode is still the same leg of race as last week. Even though Jamie & Cara got to meet Phil first, but the race wasn’t over, so they headed off. Margie & Luke arrived 2nd, and Tammy & Victor 3rd, Kisha & Jen last. Their next task was to find a Travelocity gnome. Margie & Luke found the gnome fast, followed by Jamie & Cara, Tammy & Victor and Jen & Kisha. Then the teams must head to find their next clue box, and they got to ride electric scooters. It seems fun 🙂
Their next task was a detour: Chinese waiter or Beijing Opera. All teams but Tammy & Victor chose Beijing Opera because Chinese Waiter required a good understanding of Chinese. Jen & Kisha who passed Margie & Luke on scooter, finished dressing each other, while Luke was having trouble with make up. Jamie & Cara got lost on their way to Beijing Opera and were getting frustrated because they couldn’t find taxi to take them to the right location. Meanwhile, even though Tammy & Victor could speak chinese, they got the first menu wrong so they had to get the right orders. But they swam through the task fast, and they were off to their next task, a road block, where one of them (Victor) had to eat fried grasshopper, starfish, larvae, and other stuff.
The Beijing Opera team had trouble locating their next clue box, and they were struggling getting people to help them because of language barrier. Margie & Luke finally found a nice girl who took them, and Jen & Kisha finally found the clue box, but they were U-Turned by Tammy & Victor so they had to do Chinese waiter. Of course, Jen & Kisha had trouble with the order because Chinese language is very tedious. I even found it a miracle, and I suspect the chef was being lenient, that they completed the task. 😆 Meanwhile, Jamie & Cara were getting frustrated again because they couldn’t find anyone that could help them to point to the right direction.
So Tammy & Victor got to pitstop 1st, followed by Margie & Luke. So the race was between Jamie & Cara and Kisha & Jen. Jen was struggling eatting the “delicasy,” while Cara ate it really fast. Jen & Kisha finished the task first, but Jamie & Cara was a step behind them. So the race was determined by their taxi drivers. And because Jen drank so much water to help her swallow the food, she went to pee first before checking in to Phil, and that cost her team the spot on the final 3. Despite their feud with Margie & Luke, I like them better than Jamie & Cara, who are just plain rude. Oh well, so the final 3 teams are: Tammy & Victor, Margie & Luke, and Jamie & Cara. Don’t miss the final next week on CBS. You can also watch the previous episodes at CBS.com
This week the race was still in China, but this time, in Beijing. All teams got to the same flight to Beijing, but Tammy & Victor had the upper hand of having the front row seats, so they got a head start on Beijing Airport. However, just like last week, their fluency in Mandarin didn’t help when the taxi driver didn’t know the location of the next clue. Jamie & Cara got to the first location followed by Jen & Kisha.
The first task: a road block, a team member had to be foot-massaged, but it’s not any foot massage, but a therapudic one, and it hurt, a lot! They had to withstand 10 minutes of pain or they would have to restart the task. Then, they had to head to notorium. Jamie & Cara and Jen & Kisha who finished 1st and 2nd had trouble finding taxi who knew the location of their next destination. Jen & Kisha finally found a taxi driver who could take them, Jamie & Cara left frustrated. Tammy & Victor catched up, and they talked with a taxi driver in Mandarin, but Jamie & Cara took the cab away, how rude. Fortunately, they didn’t know that they had to go to the south gate so Tammy & Victor got to the notorium first.
Next task, a detour: Sync or Swim. Both siblings team who arrived there first chose Sync because they couldn’t swim; but they were having so much trouble that Jamie & Cara and Margie & Luke who chose Swim finished the task before them. Jen who bailed before attempting first jump, went to Swim with Kisha, but they failed miserably so they switched back to Sync, where Tammy & Victor were still struggling, and in the end, Tammy & Victor then chose to do Swim. Meanwhile, Jen, who was afraid of water, was reaching her breaking point and she broke down. In the end, after Victor & Tammy finished swimming, they chose to do Swim too. Victor’s feet hurt so much that it cost them some time, but they were still ahead from Jen & Kisha
So Jamie & Cara finally got to pitstop first, but, the race wasn’t over! All the teams were so exhausted, and Victor’s feet were cramping, I don’t know what’s going to happen next week, but it’s gonna be good 🙂
I’ve been ranting about cancellation of some of my favorite tv shows for quite sometime. I don’t want to get started on it again, but it looks like there are more to come. USA Today has compiled a list of TV shows that’s in, out, or in the bubble.
For more information, go to USA Today where you can also vote to save your favorite tv shows.
This week the race moved to China; the teams must head to Qui Lin. Margie & Luke, who won the last leg, got on the first connecting flight to Guang Zhou. Jamie & Cara and Tammy & Victor, went on the 2nd flight and they met up on Guang Zhou airport. But their flight to Qui Lin was delayed, so that Jen & Kisha who left Bangkok 4th, arrived at Qui Lin 1st.
However, Jen & Kisha got lost when looking for their next clue, causing the other 3 teams to catch up to them. Even though Tammy & Victor can speak Mandarin, it didn’t really help when their taxi driver didn’t know the location well, but in the end, they found their clue, followed by Jamie & Cara. The other 2 teams got to the first clue almost at the same time, and Luke and Jen clashed trying to get the clue first. Jen couldn’t help but call Luke “bitch” which pretty much started this week’s drama. The clue told teams to head to #24 bridge for their next task, a road block: one member of the team must train their birds to catch fish from the river.
The fight continued on #24 bridge’s clue box, where Jen & Luke had physical pushing and pulling. Jamie & Cara team’s bird were more cooperative, so they finished the task first. Tammy’s birds were less cooperative causing her to be beaten by Jen. Margie and Tammy finished 3rd and 4th. On the other hand, Mark & Mike left last from Bangkok, and they had speed bump on the first location where they had to wash some elderly’s hair. They finished the task fast, but they were left way behind.
The next task was a detour: Choreography or Calligraphy. On Choreography, the team must learn a dance, and perform it in front of the judge, Jamie & Cara chose this option. They picked up the choreography fast, but they made some mistakes causing them unable to complete the task, and it frustrated them. Even though Tammy & Victor arrived last, but because of their fluency in Mandarin, they led the other teams from one location to another. Those 3 teams basically stayed together and arrived to the pitshop almost the same time. Kisha & Jen won the foot race to the pitstop, Tammy & Victor 2nd, and Margie & Luke 3rd. On the pitstop, the fight heated up again in front of Phil.
Jamie & Cara finally passed their dancing task, and they became the 4th team to arrive at the pitstop. Mark & Michael who also chose Choreography, finished last and were eliminated from the game. If you miss this episode or you want to watch Luke & Jen showdown, you can watch it online at CBS.com