Archive for the ‘My Own Worst Enemy’ Category
Well, last night’s My Own Worst Enemy will be the last episode of the series that you’ll ever get to see. NBC axed the show without giving it a chance for a full season. 😡 I don’t know about you, but this last episode doesn’t bring closure to me. Yeah sure, Henry and Edward could co-exist without them hating each other. They understand each other better and can “pretend” to be each other more convincingly. However, there are still stories to be told, mysteries to be unrevealed. James, Boss of Janus, still has a lot of secrets that I’m intriqued to know. Sigh, I guess I have to just make up my own fan-fiction to make myself satisfied with this show. Anyways, I don’t know how long NBC will keep its NBC.com/my_own_worst_enemy page, even hulu announced that they can only “post up to 5 trailing episodes of the current season for a limited time.” Now my last hope for this series is that NBC will make the DVD of the only season of this show, and hopefully we can get to see another 1 or 2 episodes that are not aired. Fingers crossed.
So following up on the cancelled tv shows, here’s a schedule when the last few episodes of the shows will air (credit to Yahoo!TV):
“Eli Stone” – 7 episodes, the first 2 will air on Tuesdays, Dec 9 and 16, the last 5 are TBA.
“Pushing Daisies” – 5 episodes, the first 2 will air on Wednesdays, Dec 10 and 17, the last 3 are TBA.
“Dirty Sexy Money” – 5 episodes, the first 2 will air on Wednesdays, Dec 10 and 17, the last 3 are TBA.
“Opportunity Knocks” – 6 episodes, No air dates have been announced, but they are likely to air over the summer.
“The Ex List” – 0 episodes
“Easy Money” – 0 episodes
“Valentine” – 0 episodes
“In Harm’s Way” – 0 episodes
“Do Not Disturb” – 0 episodes
“My Own Worst Enemy” – 2 episodes, will air on regular schedule Mondays, Dec 8 and 15.
“Lipstick Jungle” – 3 episodes, the first episode will air on Friday, Dec 12, and the last 2 will air on January.
“Crusoe” – 6 episodes, not technically “cancelled,” but NBC only ordered 13 episodes. So the scheduled air date for Crusoe is as followed:
‘Heroes and Villains’ airs Saturday, 12/6 at 8pm ET
‘Name of the Game’ airs Saturday, 12/20 at 8pm ET
‘Smoke and Mirrors’ airs Saturday, 12/27 at 8pm ET
‘The Hunting Party’ airs Saturday, 1/10 at 8pm ET
‘The Traveler’ airs Saturday, 1/17 at 8pm ET
‘The Return’ airs Saturday, 1/31 at 8pm ET
“Knight Rider” – 17 episodes, will air on regular schedule. The show’s season (and possible series) finale will air Wednesday, 2/25.
So, Monk, Burn Notice, Psych, and Eureka are currently on midseason break and will be back sometime early next year. I haven’t got the official date on the new episodes, but I’ll keep an eye on it and I’ll update this post when I have the info. Other than the regulars, the networks will have new shows (especially those networks who axed a lot of shows – you know who you are), so here’s a list of new or returning shows on some major TV networks:
- Flashpoint (Fri, Jan. 9, 9 pm EST)
- Harper’s Island (Thu, April 9, 10 pm EST)
- Game Show in My Head (Sat, Jan. 3, 8 pm EST)
- Survivor (Thu, Feb. 12, 8 pm EST)
- The Amazing Race, the 14th season (Sun, Feb. 15, 8 pm)
- ABC News’ Primetime: What Would You Do? (Tue, Jan. 6, 10 pm EST)
- Castle (Mon, Mar. 9, 10 pm EST) – a new detective type of show
- Cupid (Tue, Mar. 24, 10 pm EST)
- The Unusuals (Wed, Apr. 8, 10 pm EST) – a story about a cop with twisted sense of humor
- Gossip Girl (Mon, Jan. 5, 8 pm EST)
- One Tree Hill (Mon, Jan. 5, 9 pm EST)
- 90210 (Tue, Jan. 6, 8 pm EST)
- Privileged (Tue, Jan. 6, 9 pm EST)
- Reaper (Tue, Mar. 17, 9 pm EST) – I’m so excited about this show coming back!
- 13 Fear is Real (Wed, Jan. 7, 8 pm EST)
- Smallville (Thu, Jan. 15, 8 pm EST)
- Supernatural (Thu, Jan. 15, 9 pm EST)
- Chuck (Mon, Feb. 2, 8 pm EST) – with 3D episdoe
- Heroes (Mon, Feb. 2, 9 pm EST)
- Medium (Mon, Feb. 2, 10 pm EST) – gah, I want My Own Worst Enemy!!!
- Knight Rider (Wed, Feb. 4, 8 pm EST) – season finale on Feb. 25, new show (TBA) will air on Mar. 4
- Life (Wed, Feb. 4, 9 pm EST)
- ER (Thu, Mar. 12, 9 pm EST) – season finale
- Kings (Thu. Mar. 19, 10 pm EST) – on 2-hour series premier Mar. 19, the show will start on 9 pm EST
- 24 (Mon, Jan. 12, 9 pm EST) – There will be 2 part of season premiere: Sun, Jan. 11 8-10 pm EST for part 1, and Mon, Jan. 12 8-10 pm EST. After that, the show will air regularly every monday at 9 pm EST.
- House (Mon, Jan 19, 8 pm EST)
- American Idol (Tue & Wed, Jan. 13 & 14, 8 pm EST)
- Fringe (Tue, Jan. 20, 9 pm EST)
- Lie to Me (Wed, Jan. 21, 9 pm EST)
- Bones (Thu, Jan. 15, 8 pm EST)
- Hell’s Kitchen (Thu, Jan. 29, 9 pm EST)
- Are You Smarter than 5th Grader? (Fri, Jan. 16, 8 pm EST)
- Don’t Forget the Lyrics (Fri, Jan. 16, 9 pm EST)
- Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fri, Feb. 13, 8 pm EST)
- Dollhouse (Fri, Feb. 13, 9 pm EST)
- MadTV (Sat, Jan. 3, 11 pm EST)
- Hole in the Wall (Sun, Jan. 18, 7 pm EST)
That’s a long list of new episodes/new shows to watch. For more info on the new series, visit the network’s official website. So, which shows are you going to tune in?
Continuing last week’s story, Edward found out that his parents were killed by Janus, so naturally, he became disloyal toward the company he’d served for many years. He agreed to steal Falcon (something to do with missile) and hand it over to KGB as an exchange for the help. He doubled back the security testing that was held by Janus and steal Falcon instead. However, just before the exchange, Henry woke up, and things became messed up because Janus sent Raymond to hunt the traitor down. Raymond managed to kill the KGB agent, but Henry managed to escape unscratched and his identity hidden.
In this episode we learn about Edward’s parents. His father was a CIA agent, and Edward was actually a great kid. Due to seeing his parents died in “accident,” he decided to be a spy to find out who killed his parents. The fact that was given by KGB agent made Edward wanted to betray his country just to find out the truth, but Henry talked him out of it and Edward returned the Falcon. He also managed to saved themselves from being revealed as the traitor who had a deal with KGB.
In Chuck, his on-again girlfriend Jill turned out not to be innocent afterall. I can’t say I’m surprised though, I’ve suspected it actually that she had bigger role than to be Chuck’s ex girlfriend. My favorite moment of this episode: the conversation between Sarah and Chuck on the vent system (which got Jill the wrong idea) 😆
On My Own Worst Enemy, Henry was suspecting if his wife Angie was another spy. Turned out she wasn’t, but she did have something that she’d kept secret from Henry: she met her ex. On the other hand, Edward continued his relationship with Dr. Skinner, and in the end of the episode he found what he’d been looking for: his past, the truth about his parents. We’ll have to wait until next week to find out what it is.
Darn it, I think My Own Worst Enemy’s story is getting better and better but it still got cancelled. NBC executives, are you blind? Do you even watch the show? I bet they “watch” the show by watching the ratings. Lame.
First of all, I’m going to talk about what was on TV on Monday. I came home really late on Monday, so I missed everything that I wanted to watch. Luckily, NBC has all the things that I missed (Chuck and My Own Worst Enemy). I’m so glad that many official TV websites are providing online full episodes of their shows, so for people who don’t have tv or dvr wouldn’t miss a thing.
Anyways, Chuck met his old girlfriend, Jill, who dumped him and hooked up with Bryce. After catching up and doing some “saving the world” action together, they ended up reconsiled their old romance. I don’t think they’re going to last though, I bet Chuck is going to end up with Sarah (she’s way hotter :P). My favorite moment on this episode was when Chuck tried to give antidote mouth-to-mouth to Casey. Casey begged, “I’ve served my country for many years, just let me die in dignity.” 😆
On other show, My Own Worst Enemy, as seen on last episode, Tom’s wife hired a private investigator to follow him, and found out that Tom had another life (Raymond’s life). Poor Tom, not knowing anything about it, his marriage crashed and burned. On the other hand, Henry revealed that he was broken to a watcher (who told him he was an FBI agent). Norah Skinner, Henry’s psychiatrist on AJ Sun rescued him by shooting the watcher. This caused Janus to be aware that there was a broken agent, and Henry/Edward was suspected. But Norah saved Henry/Edward out of the problem by sacrificing another agent Paula/Ellen. Paula/Ellen was then terminated as an agent, Paula memory was erased and she countinued to live as Ellen, non-agent identity. I’m not sure what’s the motive for Norah for saving Edward/Henry, as for now, I think she has a crush on Edward. From next week’s trailer, it looks like Henry’s wife, Angie, might not be a normal civilian either. Hmm… it’s going to be good.
Well, speaking of tv shows, there’s a poll on TVSquad on the best new show this fall: Fringe, The Mentalist, Priviledged, Worst Week, Gary Unmarried, My Own Worst Enemy, 90210, and Eleventh Hour. So far, the first three are the top 3. But people also voted on others (Life on Mars, True Blood, etc). What do you think is the best tv show this season?