Archive for the ‘Monk’ Category
Been a litle busy since last weekend. I just had time to catch up with last week’s Burn Notice and Monk. Michael was still in the quest to find the person who wanted him dead, he didn’t get any info, but that guy (whoever he was) was alarmed when Mike was trying to poke around. I also just watched this week’s Chuck, where Chuck and Sarah had to pose as a married couple. Pretty funny, but in the end their relationship got a minor set back. Just in case you wonder where I watch the shows (no I don’t watch them from DVR), I watch them online at the network’s official website: NBC.com and USANetwork.com
On other news, Hulu Award will have official nominees for all categories hopefully by next week. I’ll post the list of all nominees (or perhaps the poll link from polldaddy) so you can vote 🙂 Speaking of polldaddy, I’ve had some ideas for poll on by blog for a while (before wordpress had the feature). Now that they have it, I can’t remember what I wanted to do with the poll 😆
Last month I wrote a post listing TV schedule of winter ’09 for some major networks – ABC, NBC, CW, FOX, and CBS. If you are curious when your favorite TV shows are coming back, and when the new shows start airing, click here for the complete list. I’m making my schedule to watch some old favorites: Reaper, Chuck, Amazing Race, 24, Supernatural, but I also try to squeeze in some new shows.
But I’m not forgetting my other fave shows on other channels: Monk, Psych, Burn Notice (all in USA Network), Eureka, and Chase (on Scifi Channel). Monk will return on Friday, January 9 at its usual time 9 pm EST, followed by all new Psych at 10 pm EST. Burn Notice will return on Thursday, January 22 at 10 pm EST. For Chase and Eureka, I haven’t found any info on when the new episodes will be aired. I’ll keep you posted on this. If you have other shows you would like to find out when it’s coming back, just leave a comment, and I”ll try to find out the info for you.
Update: Eureka will return to SciFi channel on Summer 2009. Yes, I know I’m dissapointed too that I have to wait 5 more months (8 months total!) for the show to see Chief Carter again, but hey at least it’s a confirmation that the show isn’t cancelled 🙂 So…there will be a new face on GD, click here to watch the sneak peek preview of the 2nd half of the 3rd season of Eureka. News source: SliceofScifi.com
Speaking of Burn Notice, I still haven’t got an official answer from USA Network about the Saab winner, nor I could find any information on the USA Network website. The burnnoticeops.com website is also down. I believe the winner has been contacted but USA Network hasn’t released the list of winners. I’m not sure, if you have any information regarding this sweepstakes, please let me know so I can forward it to others who are as anxious as I am.
Other shows starting this week: Superstars of Dance, a new dancing show on NBC. I’m not really a big fan of Dancing w/ the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance, but I think this new show will be interesting because they will be showing dance styles from around the world, not the usual samba, cha-cha, etc. If you’re interested in watching it, tune in to NBC this Sunday at 9 pm EST.
Update on midseason tv shows: Monk will return on January 9, 2009 at its usual time 9 pm EST, followed by Psych at 10 pm EST. For Burn Notice, USA network hasn’t released an official date for the 10th episode of 2nd season. I’ll keep an eye on it, but there’s good news: Burn Notice lands its 3rd season! No news on when Eureka will be back on Sci-Fi channel too. I’ll update this post as soon as I find out. *Update: Eureka won’t return this winter, but on Summer, read my post here for more info.
If you have any request on when your favorite shows will be back next winter, just leave me a comment and I’ll try my best to find the answer for you 🙂
So, Monk, Burn Notice, Psych, and Eureka are currently on midseason break and will be back sometime early next year. I haven’t got the official date on the new episodes, but I’ll keep an eye on it and I’ll update this post when I have the info. Other than the regulars, the networks will have new shows (especially those networks who axed a lot of shows – you know who you are), so here’s a list of new or returning shows on some major TV networks:
- Flashpoint (Fri, Jan. 9, 9 pm EST)
- Harper’s Island (Thu, April 9, 10 pm EST)
- Game Show in My Head (Sat, Jan. 3, 8 pm EST)
- Survivor (Thu, Feb. 12, 8 pm EST)
- The Amazing Race, the 14th season (Sun, Feb. 15, 8 pm)
- ABC News’ Primetime: What Would You Do? (Tue, Jan. 6, 10 pm EST)
- Castle (Mon, Mar. 9, 10 pm EST) – a new detective type of show
- Cupid (Tue, Mar. 24, 10 pm EST)
- The Unusuals (Wed, Apr. 8, 10 pm EST) – a story about a cop with twisted sense of humor
- Gossip Girl (Mon, Jan. 5, 8 pm EST)
- One Tree Hill (Mon, Jan. 5, 9 pm EST)
- 90210 (Tue, Jan. 6, 8 pm EST)
- Privileged (Tue, Jan. 6, 9 pm EST)
- Reaper (Tue, Mar. 17, 9 pm EST) – I’m so excited about this show coming back!
- 13 Fear is Real (Wed, Jan. 7, 8 pm EST)
- Smallville (Thu, Jan. 15, 8 pm EST)
- Supernatural (Thu, Jan. 15, 9 pm EST)
- Chuck (Mon, Feb. 2, 8 pm EST) – with 3D episdoe
- Heroes (Mon, Feb. 2, 9 pm EST)
- Medium (Mon, Feb. 2, 10 pm EST) – gah, I want My Own Worst Enemy!!!
- Knight Rider (Wed, Feb. 4, 8 pm EST) – season finale on Feb. 25, new show (TBA) will air on Mar. 4
- Life (Wed, Feb. 4, 9 pm EST)
- ER (Thu, Mar. 12, 9 pm EST) – season finale
- Kings (Thu. Mar. 19, 10 pm EST) – on 2-hour series premier Mar. 19, the show will start on 9 pm EST
- 24 (Mon, Jan. 12, 9 pm EST) – There will be 2 part of season premiere: Sun, Jan. 11 8-10 pm EST for part 1, and Mon, Jan. 12 8-10 pm EST. After that, the show will air regularly every monday at 9 pm EST.
- House (Mon, Jan 19, 8 pm EST)
- American Idol (Tue & Wed, Jan. 13 & 14, 8 pm EST)
- Fringe (Tue, Jan. 20, 9 pm EST)
- Lie to Me (Wed, Jan. 21, 9 pm EST)
- Bones (Thu, Jan. 15, 8 pm EST)
- Hell’s Kitchen (Thu, Jan. 29, 9 pm EST)
- Are You Smarter than 5th Grader? (Fri, Jan. 16, 8 pm EST)
- Don’t Forget the Lyrics (Fri, Jan. 16, 9 pm EST)
- Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fri, Feb. 13, 8 pm EST)
- Dollhouse (Fri, Feb. 13, 9 pm EST)
- MadTV (Sat, Jan. 3, 11 pm EST)
- Hole in the Wall (Sun, Jan. 18, 7 pm EST)
That’s a long list of new episodes/new shows to watch. For more info on the new series, visit the network’s official website. So, which shows are you going to tune in?
I watched Monk’s 6th episode of 7th season where Mr. Monk fell in love. Some of you might have watched it last week, but the 7th episode isn’t available yet on usanetwork.com 😦 Anyway, the woman was a main suspect in a homocide of a taxi driver. She had the motive but no alibi at the time of the murder, and all evidence deduced by Mr. Monk pointed to her. But Monk was dead sure that she wasn’t the killer, and everyone (including me) thought that it was because he had a crush on her. Trying to prove her innocence, Mr. Monk almost got charged by obstruction of justice.
After everything was out of hand, the woman admitted that she had killed the cab driver, but Monk couldn’t believe it, so he kept on investigating. In the end, he found out that the woman’s mother was the killer, and she was put in jail. The woman that Monk had crushed on wasn’t happy that her mom was put behind bars so she left Monk. One thing that I noticed on that episode that the woman was riding Metro bus, that’s so LA. I lived in SF before, and the bus there is called Muni. 😆
Anyway, having extra time due to less work and boring classes, I spend my time re-reading Harry Potter (for the xx-th time). Yes, I did and still do read other stuff during classes, which reminds me of the good old times back in junior high. Kids, don’t try this at your school. It’s a bad bad example to follow. 🙄 Anyway, like many people, I’m also pissed that the Half Blood Prince movie’s release is pushed back until next summer to get more money. Greedy Warner Bros. 👿
So anyway, as I read the first book, this thought occur to me: how on earth Muggle-borns, like Hermione, find out how to get to Diagon Alley and Platform 9 3/4? My rationale for this question is they get a special instruction on their Hogwart letters. This works for the train platform, but the Diagon Alley? They have to tap the right brick with their wand, and they don’t have a wand yet! 😯 Maybe the inn-keeper Tom was instructed to help new Muggle born to get into Diagon Alley? If so, then I imagine the special instruction will be like this:
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Special Instructions on how to get to Diagon Alley to buy your school supplies:
- Go to London and find Leaky Cauldron, a small pub between a book shop and record shop.
- Inside Leaky Cauldron, ask for Tom to get you to Diagon Alley.
- Once you get in Diagon Alley, find Gringotts, a snowy white tall building with bronze doors.
- Then, exchange your currency into Galleons, Sickels and Knuts.
- Now you can shop for your uniform, books, and other equipments.
Special Instructions on how to get to Platform 9 3/4 on King’s Cross:
Walk or run a little straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten.
Note: It is important not to be nervous while trying to get to the platform, and make it as quick as possible so other people won’t notice.
What do you think? Do you agree with my special instruction theory, or do you have other theory? Did anyone ask JK Rowling about this in Q&A?
By the way, anyone else read the news about Harri Puttar movie from India? It’s sued by Warner Bros because the name is wayyy to similar to you-know-what. 😆
So Olympic starts tomorrow, at 8.8.08 exactly at 8:08 pm Beijing time. I really want to watch the opening ceremony, but I don’t think I’ll be able to watch it from the start because I’m gonna get home late tomorrow. 😦 I highly doubt that it’s going to be shown again, so I’m putting my fingers crossed for nice people out there who will record and upload it on youtube. 😛
Anyways, just watched Monk season 7 episode 3 on usanetwork. It’s kinda weird to me because it aired last friday with Psych, and Psych’s new episode was available online the next day (Saturday), but Monk’s wasn’t until today (the last time I checked was Monday, still wasn’t there). Tomorrow, I am going to watch tonight’s Burn Notice, let’s hope it’s not going to be late like Monk.
Well, not actually breaking away (I still love watching tv). But I’m thinking that if my TV is broken beyond repair, maybe it’s time to throw it out and cut my cable bill. Thinking about calling my cable company and say I want out makes me grin so wide my cheek hurts. 😆 I’m thinking to just watch TV online, since I’m on broadband anyway (why waste the bandwith I pay, right?)
I’ve been watching online TV a couple of times, usually on the official network websites like abc.com and usanetwork.com. They have full episodes of the shows and the latest ones too – and thankfully my favorite shows are in both networks. But some of the tv websites just don’t even provide online videos, let alone a full episode. So what a man to do if he doesn’t have a tv and cable connection? Find another alternative 😛 Last night, I found one or two great websites that provide links to some shows (some new and some old), which is nice. If anyone interested, just let me know, I’ll be glad to share the links with you. 🙂
Well, as for now, I’m gonna watch yesterday’s Monk and Psych on usanetwork.com 😉