Archive for the ‘Chuck’ Category
Next Monday is the finale of 2nd season of Chuck, and yet no news from NBC that they gave a green light for 3rd season. On my previous post, I wrote about shows that will or won’t get cancelled, and which ones are still undecided, and Chuck is one of them. I don’t want start ranting again because it’s not cancelled yet, but I write this post to gather all Chuck-mania to voice your opinion that we need more Chuck! Go to NBC.com/chuck and post on the forum, get your family/friends to watch the finale on Monday, April 27, 2009 on 8 pm EST.
Another blogger also had the same idea and he interviewed several Chuck-mania. Read his post here.
I’ve been ranting about cancellation of some of my favorite tv shows for quite sometime. I don’t want to get started on it again, but it looks like there are more to come. USA Today has compiled a list of TV shows that’s in, out, or in the bubble.
For more information, go to USA Today where you can also vote to save your favorite tv shows.
Last night’s Chuck: Sarah was pulled out from being Chuck’s handler because the general thought their feeling was too strong and could jeopardize the mission, which was partly true. So a new handler was assigned, Carla from Burn Notice (I don’t know her real name). She was cold and strict. In the beginning, she was only assigned to monitor Sarah & Chuck’s relationship, and she reported that it was endangering the mission causing Sarah to be fired. However, Chuck, reluctant to cooperate with his new handler, got into a trouble, as always, and only Sarah could led him out safely. In the end, the general admitted that their relationship could be beneficial after all.
New twist on the story, Chuck, with help from Sarah, got to find his father (his face remain unseen). On the next week’s preview, it seems like his father is also an agent, and probably on the wrong side. It’s going to be good, can’t wait for next week. As usual, if you miss this week’s episode, you can watch it online at nbc.com or hulu.com
Been a litle busy since last weekend. I just had time to catch up with last week’s Burn Notice and Monk. Michael was still in the quest to find the person who wanted him dead, he didn’t get any info, but that guy (whoever he was) was alarmed when Mike was trying to poke around. I also just watched this week’s Chuck, where Chuck and Sarah had to pose as a married couple. Pretty funny, but in the end their relationship got a minor set back. Just in case you wonder where I watch the shows (no I don’t watch them from DVR), I watch them online at the network’s official website: NBC.com and USANetwork.com
On other news, Hulu Award will have official nominees for all categories hopefully by next week. I’ll post the list of all nominees (or perhaps the poll link from polldaddy) so you can vote 🙂 Speaking of polldaddy, I’ve had some ideas for poll on by blog for a while (before wordpress had the feature). Now that they have it, I can’t remember what I wanted to do with the poll 😆
Last month I wrote a post listing TV schedule of winter ’09 for some major networks – ABC, NBC, CW, FOX, and CBS. If you are curious when your favorite TV shows are coming back, and when the new shows start airing, click here for the complete list. I’m making my schedule to watch some old favorites: Reaper, Chuck, Amazing Race, 24, Supernatural, but I also try to squeeze in some new shows.
But I’m not forgetting my other fave shows on other channels: Monk, Psych, Burn Notice (all in USA Network), Eureka, and Chase (on Scifi Channel). Monk will return on Friday, January 9 at its usual time 9 pm EST, followed by all new Psych at 10 pm EST. Burn Notice will return on Thursday, January 22 at 10 pm EST. For Chase and Eureka, I haven’t found any info on when the new episodes will be aired. I’ll keep you posted on this. If you have other shows you would like to find out when it’s coming back, just leave a comment, and I”ll try to find out the info for you.
Update: Eureka will return to SciFi channel on Summer 2009. Yes, I know I’m dissapointed too that I have to wait 5 more months (8 months total!) for the show to see Chief Carter again, but hey at least it’s a confirmation that the show isn’t cancelled 🙂 So…there will be a new face on GD, click here to watch the sneak peek preview of the 2nd half of the 3rd season of Eureka. News source: SliceofScifi.com
Speaking of Burn Notice, I still haven’t got an official answer from USA Network about the Saab winner, nor I could find any information on the USA Network website. The burnnoticeops.com website is also down. I believe the winner has been contacted but USA Network hasn’t released the list of winners. I’m not sure, if you have any information regarding this sweepstakes, please let me know so I can forward it to others who are as anxious as I am.
Other shows starting this week: Superstars of Dance, a new dancing show on NBC. I’m not really a big fan of Dancing w/ the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance, but I think this new show will be interesting because they will be showing dance styles from around the world, not the usual samba, cha-cha, etc. If you’re interested in watching it, tune in to NBC this Sunday at 9 pm EST.
So, Monk, Burn Notice, Psych, and Eureka are currently on midseason break and will be back sometime early next year. I haven’t got the official date on the new episodes, but I’ll keep an eye on it and I’ll update this post when I have the info. Other than the regulars, the networks will have new shows (especially those networks who axed a lot of shows – you know who you are), so here’s a list of new or returning shows on some major TV networks:
- Flashpoint (Fri, Jan. 9, 9 pm EST)
- Harper’s Island (Thu, April 9, 10 pm EST)
- Game Show in My Head (Sat, Jan. 3, 8 pm EST)
- Survivor (Thu, Feb. 12, 8 pm EST)
- The Amazing Race, the 14th season (Sun, Feb. 15, 8 pm)
- ABC News’ Primetime: What Would You Do? (Tue, Jan. 6, 10 pm EST)
- Castle (Mon, Mar. 9, 10 pm EST) – a new detective type of show
- Cupid (Tue, Mar. 24, 10 pm EST)
- The Unusuals (Wed, Apr. 8, 10 pm EST) – a story about a cop with twisted sense of humor
- Gossip Girl (Mon, Jan. 5, 8 pm EST)
- One Tree Hill (Mon, Jan. 5, 9 pm EST)
- 90210 (Tue, Jan. 6, 8 pm EST)
- Privileged (Tue, Jan. 6, 9 pm EST)
- Reaper (Tue, Mar. 17, 9 pm EST) – I’m so excited about this show coming back!
- 13 Fear is Real (Wed, Jan. 7, 8 pm EST)
- Smallville (Thu, Jan. 15, 8 pm EST)
- Supernatural (Thu, Jan. 15, 9 pm EST)
- Chuck (Mon, Feb. 2, 8 pm EST) – with 3D episdoe
- Heroes (Mon, Feb. 2, 9 pm EST)
- Medium (Mon, Feb. 2, 10 pm EST) – gah, I want My Own Worst Enemy!!!
- Knight Rider (Wed, Feb. 4, 8 pm EST) – season finale on Feb. 25, new show (TBA) will air on Mar. 4
- Life (Wed, Feb. 4, 9 pm EST)
- ER (Thu, Mar. 12, 9 pm EST) – season finale
- Kings (Thu. Mar. 19, 10 pm EST) – on 2-hour series premier Mar. 19, the show will start on 9 pm EST
- 24 (Mon, Jan. 12, 9 pm EST) – There will be 2 part of season premiere: Sun, Jan. 11 8-10 pm EST for part 1, and Mon, Jan. 12 8-10 pm EST. After that, the show will air regularly every monday at 9 pm EST.
- House (Mon, Jan 19, 8 pm EST)
- American Idol (Tue & Wed, Jan. 13 & 14, 8 pm EST)
- Fringe (Tue, Jan. 20, 9 pm EST)
- Lie to Me (Wed, Jan. 21, 9 pm EST)
- Bones (Thu, Jan. 15, 8 pm EST)
- Hell’s Kitchen (Thu, Jan. 29, 9 pm EST)
- Are You Smarter than 5th Grader? (Fri, Jan. 16, 8 pm EST)
- Don’t Forget the Lyrics (Fri, Jan. 16, 9 pm EST)
- Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fri, Feb. 13, 8 pm EST)
- Dollhouse (Fri, Feb. 13, 9 pm EST)
- MadTV (Sat, Jan. 3, 11 pm EST)
- Hole in the Wall (Sun, Jan. 18, 7 pm EST)
That’s a long list of new episodes/new shows to watch. For more info on the new series, visit the network’s official website. So, which shows are you going to tune in?